4 Generation Pedigree Chart; How to Make a Family Tree Template. In the case of an ancestor tree your name(the name of the person making the family tree) should be at the bottom(or left) and the name of the parents, grandparents and maybe great-grandparents should expand upwards or towards the right. 57+ FREE FAMILY TREE Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Apple (MAC) Numbers Printable Family Tree for Kids Template Details.
Note on fillable PDFs: Many of our forms have been designed as fillable PDFs. To use the fillable functionality, right click on the title and choose 'Save link as' or 'Save target as.' Once you've saved the file, you can open it with Adobe Reader and fill in the form.
- Six-Generation Chart (PDF, 418K) - simple six-generation family history chart
- Four-Generation Chart (PDF, 317K) - simple four-generation family history chart
- Family Unit Chart (PDF, 262K) - two-page chart to detail two spouses and their children
- Individual Worksheet (PDF, 195K) - worksheet to serve as a guide for biographical information about an individual
- Extended Family Chart (PDF, 518K) - track your distant family relations including those who are 'removed'
- Research Checklist (PDF, 285K) - checklist for research on an individual
- Research Log (PDF, 206K) - log for recording research completed or planned research
- Family Tree Coloring Sheet (PDF, 872KB) - family tree coloring sheet
- My Family History (PDF, 2.2MB) - simple three-generation family tree for children