From today's featured article
The white-eyed river martin (Pseudochelidon sirintarae) is a passerine bird in the swallow family. First found in 1968, it is known only from a single wintering site in Thailand, and may be extinct, since there have been no confirmed sightings since 1980 despite targeted surveys in Thailand and Cambodia. The adult has mainly glossy greenish-black plumage, a white rump, and a tail with two long central feathers that widen to a racket-shaped tip. It has a white eye ring and a broad, bright greenish-yellow bill. The juvenile lacks the tail ornaments and is browner. Like other swallows, it feeds on insects caught in flight, and its wide bill suggests that it may take relatively large species. It roosts in reed beds in winter, and may nest in river sandbanks. Its apparent demise may have been hastened by trapping, loss of habitat and dam construction. The martin is one of only two birds endemic to Thailand. The country's government has featured the bird on a stamp and a commemorative coin. (This article is part of a featured topic: River martin.)
Did you know ..
Modern British Household Cavalry soldiers wearing Albert helmets
In the news
On this day
July 31: Lā Hae Hawaiʻi (Flag Day) and Lā Hoʻihoʻi Ea (Sovereignty Restoration Day) in Hawaii (1843)
Today's featured picture
Coprinellus micaceus is a common species of fungus in the family Psathyrellaceae with a cosmopolitan distribution. It is a saprotrophic species, deriving nutrients from dead and decomposing wood. The fruiting body grows in clusters and is commonly known as the mica cap or shiny cap because of the fine layer of reflective mica-like cells on the cap surface. The fungus is edible soon after collection, but after a few hours, the gills begin to slowly dissolve into a black, inky, spore-laden liquid. These C. micaceus mushrooms were photographed near Erbach an der Donau, Germany.
Photograph credit: Holger Krisp
Other areas of Wikipedia
Cattle in the rain by Musaemura Zimunya 1. Nothing has no end, 2. This rain used to soak us in the pastures 4. And the cattle would not stop to graze, 5. They would not be driven to the kraal, 6. It made me cry and curse sometimes 7. And I used to wish I was born for the skirt.
The Otises, however, were deceived, for the ghost was still in the house, and though now almost an invalid, was by no means ready to let matters rest, particularly as he heard that among the guests was the young Duke of Cheshire, whose grand-uncle, Lord Francis Stilton, had once bet a hundred guineas with Colonel Carbury that he would play dice. All new sites on Ghost(Pro) are running Ghost 4.0. You can spin up a new site in a few clicks with an unrestricted 14 day free trial. If you haven’t used Ghost for a while, now’s a great time to give it another try. Already got a site on Ghost(Pro)? Log into Ghost.org and click the “Update to 4.0” link in your admin panel, any time.
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning tools
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus
This Wikipedia is written in English. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
- 1,000,000+ articles
- 250,000+ articles
- 50,000+ articles
Almost exactly 8 years ago, we announced the first prototype of Ghost on Kickstarter. Today, over 20,000 commits later we're releasing Ghost 4.0, the latest major version of the product, as well as small refresh of our brand.
If you're short on time, here are the abbreviated highlights of what's new:
- We made the dashboard! Get detailed insights into how content and members are performing so you can understand what's working.
- Memberships and subscriptions are now natively part of the core platform - no longer in beta. Publishers who started sites with Ghost last year are now making more than $2Million per year in revenue from the platform.
- Email newsletters are now natively built into Ghost. This time last year we sent about 6,000 emails per month on Ghost(Pro). Today it's several million.
- We launched a brand new post-preview UI, showing you what your post will look like on web, mobile, email, social and search - all in one place.
- Premium subscriptions with Stripe now work in 135 currencies, with support for Apple Pay, Google Pay, and 0% payment fees .
- We've created an embedded memberships and subscriptions UI, called Portal, which works with every Ghost theme. Past, present and future.
- Member management now includes the ability to impersonate users for support, generate single-use authentication links, and collect cancellation feedback.
- Our new members importer can migrate data from all other email and member platforms, including payments, making it super easy to switch to Ghost.
- Speaking of switching to Ghost, we created a new concierge team in charge of helping people migrate from other platforms (for free). Docs and more details here.
- We added a new quick-start setup flow for new Ghost users, with a streamlined way to enter all the most common settings needed to launch a new site.
- Those settings include a brand new Brand Color option, which allows site owners to customise their site, UI and theme with injected color variables.
- We acquired the most popular theme company for Ghost, IVEEL, and released all their premium themes as official, free and open source. Including our first dedicated newsletter theme.
- We also re-built the Ghost Theme directory, including live previews and automatic installs - so you no longer have to download/upload zips for our official themes.
- We made a brand new Experts directory, for people who are looking to hire developers to help build them custom Ghost sites.
- We massively improved our Zapier app with members features, overhauled our Integrations Directory, and created a new global Marketplace that brings all these things together.
- On the subject of integrations, we built a native integration with FirstPromoter into Ghost core. Now you can launch advanced referral and affiliate programs for your members. Enter your API key to enable the integration, and all the tracking is handled for you automatically.
- We added content snippets - now you can turn any piece of content in Ghost into a re-usable snippet to power your publishing workflows. Forget media library, this is an everything-library.
- Ghost now outputs automatic responsive, lazy-loading images. Everywhere. Average front-end performance jumped by more than 50%. Ghost was already extraordinarily fast, but now it's pretty trivial to hit 99-100 speed scores on LightHouse - on par with static sites.
- Major refactors of Ghost's codebase have also improved overall performance in terms of requests-per-second by 40%, reduced latency by 30%, and made serving requests after start/restart faster by 300%.
- We launched a new $9 Starter plan on Ghost(Pro), to make easier and better value to get started with Ghost than ever before.
- We also rebuilt all our Ghost.org systems for signup, signin, billing, account management, documentation, help center and refreshed our blog. All of those have significantly improved.
- Ghost is now a team of 21 people with $3.3M annual revenue, and over $7M lifetime revenue. We're still a fully independent non-profit organisation with no outside funding or shareholders, building the best product we can for our users, giving away all our intellectual property under a free, open source license.
- In the last 12 months our growth rate has increased by 200%, and we now serve a billion requests each month on Ghost(Pro).
- We're hiring! Especially for infrastructure engineers, designers and full-stack product engineers. We employ people full-time to build open source software and help empower the first major generation of the creator economy.
Seriously. This is the abbreviated highlights. Our last major release was in October 2019, so it's been quite a while since Ghost 3.0. The team is twice the size now as it was then, and we've been shipping more than ever before.
I've never been more proud of the product we've built or the team that makes it.
Memberships, subscriptions and the creator economy as a whole is a noisy space right now. Many companies building products in this space weren't around 8 years ago, and most won't be around 8 years from now. We will be.
Decentralised, open source technology is methodical, powerful, and inevitable. Remembering che pdf free download torrent.
How to get Ghost 4.0
All new sites on Ghost(Pro) are running Ghost 4.0. You can spin up a new site in a few clicks with an unrestricted 14 day free trial. If you haven’t used Ghost for a while, now’s a great time to give it another try.
Already got a site on Ghost(Pro)? Log into Ghost.org and click the “Update to 4.0” link in your admin panel, any time.
Self-hosting Ghost? Updating to 4.0 is very straightforward with Ghost-CLI and should take about 15 mins — here's the Ghost update guide.
A Ghost In The Throat PDF Free Download
If you're still here and still reading, you might be wondering what's next. That's how these things usually go. You spend a couple of years baking a magnificent cake and you say 'here is our cake, behold the icing in all its splendour, would you like some?' - and invariably the response is 'what will be in the next cake'.
The next cake is custom plans. Right now Ghost has monthly, yearly and complimentary plans built-in by default, but soon you will be able to define any plan you like with custom properties. Nice.
After that, who knows.
A Ghost In The Throat Pdf Free Download Pdf
Maybe a croissant.